Friday, April 27, 2012

My Walgreens trip:

Only $1.98 oop for ALL of this, by using RR's!

I did this in 3 transactions to get the Suave Cat's to print, see that post HERE.

Trans. #1.

(3) Banana Boat sunscreens -$8.99 ea =$26.97
used (3) $2/1 hangtag MQ's found on the product!
=$20.97 for 3 or $6.99 ea. oop
got back $10 RR for buying $25+ in participating products
-like paying $10.97 for 3 or $3.66 ea!

Psoriasin Gel -$5 oop
got back $5 RR -like getting it FREE

Finesse Shampoo -$1.99
used $1/1 MQ from the 4/22 SS
= .99 oop

Suave Scalp Solutions -clearance priced $1.79 oop
got back $2/2 Cat coupon

Nice Gelatin - .25 (filler) -not pictured

Total before coupons =$36.00
Total after coupons =$29.00 used (3) $9 RR's earned from the Nasal Ease MM!
=$0.00 oop
got back $15 in earned RR's -transaction total (not counting previously earned RR's, because I don't want to count my savings twice!) =$14 for 6 items or $2.33 ea!


Trans. #2

U by Kotex tampons -$3.99
used $1/1 MQ from the 3/25 SS
=$2.99 oop
got back $2 RR -like paying .99!

BioInfusion conditioner -clearance priced $3.79 oop (reg. $14.99!)

(2) Suave Scalp Solutions -clearance priced $1.79 ea. =$3.58
used $2/2 Cat coupon
=$1.58 oop for 2 or .79 ea!

Angel Soft 12 pk TP -$5.49 -not pictured
used .45/1 MQ from the 3/25 RP
=$5.04 oop
got back $1 RR -like paying $4.04!

Total before coupons =$16.85
Total after coupons =$11.40 used $10 RR from transaction #1 =$1.40 oop
got back $3 in earned RR's -transaction total (not counting previous RR's) =$8.40 for 5 items or $1.68 ea!


Trans. #3

(2) Suave Scalp Solutions -clearance priced -$1.79 ea =$3.58
used $2/2 Cat coupon
=$1.58 oop for 2 or .79 ea.

Total =$1.58 used $1 RR from transaction #2 = .58 oop!


I only paid $1.98 oop for all of this by using previously earned RR's and rolling my earned RR's!!

2 comments:

  1. I get to the register to do this and get soo confused! Plus, there are always angry ppl waiting behind me no matter what time of day I go. I hope to get better at it and do things like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Walgreens can be VERY confusing! I was the same way when I first started couponing (I actually STARTED couponing for the first time at Walgreens, big mistake!) I am in the process of typing up tutorials for all of the stores I blog about, so look for a post in the near future to let you know when I have published them, they will be on the "pages" banner at the top of the blog under the title. Also, when I started I would sit down at home & write everything down on a separate note card that I was going to do in each transaction, that way I knew I wasn't using one RR to pay for the same product in the next transaction or if I would need a "filler" to be able to use a RR in the next transaction & I would paper clip all of my coupons to each note card & then write on the back what RR's I should receive, that way if a RR didn't print, I would know right then & could ask about it. Sometimes you may just need to see it on paper to get things straight in your mind, and don't worry about angry people, they are everywhere, heck, the minute you pull out a coupon you will hear the person behind you sigh & see them roll their eyes, even if you just have one coupon! I think it's because ppl have just gotten use to everything going fast & if anything takes up a second of their time unnecessarily, it makes them mad. I have learned that if I warn the person behind me it goes a little smoother, especially if I have a lot of coupons (like at Target). I just say, "I'm sorry, I have to warn you I have a lot of coupons, so if you're in a hurry, you can go in front of me" most of the time the person will say, oh no problem, I'm not in a hurry, and then they know that it may take a while, so tempers are a little more cool when the cashier has to call the manager.

      Delete