Friday, April 27, 2012

My CVS trip:

$1.51 each item after coupons & earned ECB's!

Dream Water -$5.79
got back $5.79 ECB -like getting it FREE!

Tampax Radiant 16 ct. -$3.99
used $2/1 in package MQ
=$1.99 oop
got back $1 ECB -like paying .99!

Physicians Formula foundation -$11.49
used $3/1 CVS coupon from the red scanner machine
+ used $1/1 MQ from the 3/18 SS
=$7.49 oop
got back $7 ECB -like paying .49!

(4) Head & Shoulders shampoos -$4.67 ea =$18.68
used (2) BOBO Free MQ's from the 4/1 P&G
=$9.34 for 4 or $2.33 ea.
got back $4 ECB -like paying $5.34 for 4 or $1.33 ea!

(3) Nabisco Fig Newtons -$1.33 ea.=$3.99
used (2) $1/1 any Newtons printable -NLA, check your binders!
=$1.99 for 3 oop
got back $1 ECB -like paying .99 for 3 or .33 ea!

(2) Zyrtec 40 ct bonus bottles -2/$30
used $10 off 2 CVS coupon from the red scanner machine
+ used (2) $4/1 MQ's from the 4/15 SS
=$12 for 2 or $6 ea!

Revlon eyeshadow quad -$7.29
Revlon eyeshadow single -$4.99
used $5 off 2 Revlon products CVS coupon from the red scanner machine
+ used (2) $1/1 MQ's from the 4/1 SS
=$5.28 oop
got back $4 ECB -like paying $1.28 for 2 or .64 ea!

Total before coupons =$86.22
Total after coupons =$43.88 used $10 in ECB's from previous purchases to pay balance =$33.88 oop
got back $22.79 in ECB's
Total after new ECB's earned (not counting previously earned ECB's because I don't want to count my savings twice!) -like paying $21.09 for 14 items or $1.51 each!!

2 comments:

  1. Cheese and crackers you did good! That stupid machine hates me- I get retarded coupons from there for candy.... I don't NEED candy. I want it to give the make up or especially the Zyrtec coupons. I feel that is must 'know' that and so I get none. Good job though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will tell you all a little secret that I know about the red scanner machine....if you DON'T scan your card as often, you will get better coupons! I know this because I've been "testing" this theroy of mine for the last 4 months. I have 2 cards, (I know you're only supposed to have one per household, but my CVS manager is the one who actually suggested I get one in my hubbys name, so I didn't argue). Anyway, I noticed every time I went in I was scanning both cards back to back & the second card would never get good coupons, only candy, etc so I thought I would "test" it by not ever scanning my second card, well that worked, I started getting better coupons on my first card! Then I noticed I was scanning my card EVERY time I went in, even if I was just there price checking, or checking on clearance I would scan my card & I was back to getting the same exact coupons, or candy coupons or "no coupons available today". So I went a whole week w/o scanning my card and when I scanned the next time I got great coupons!! So now, I only shop once a week and even then I sometimes don't scan my card & I will get good coupons at the end of my receipt (that's where the Zyrtec coupon came from). I try to only scan my card once every 2 weeks or so & I never scan my second card anymore. I think the machine has been programed to give "generic" coupons to those who shop regularly, but to give high value coupons to those who don't shop as often as an incentive to get them back into the store. (Only my opinion!) Try "testing" my theroy on your cards & see if it works for you, & lmk the outcome!

      Delete