Monday, January 16, 2012

How about a "trading board"?

  I was thinking of adding a trading board option to this site, but I didn't know how we could do it because of all of the personal information that has to be shared when making a trade, and this is a public blogspot.  There would have to be a way to contact each other via email, then addresses would have to be exchanged if you would be postal mailing the coupons.  (Or you could arrange a meeting for drop off at a public place.)  So instead of a regular trading board, what about a Facebook trading-board?  We could post the coupons we have available or the coupons we are searching for on the Calhoun Clip-n-Savers Facebook page, then if you are interested in the trade you could contact the poster personally through Facebook.  (That would mean you would have to "friend" them to send messages.)  If you would like to post an email address for people to contact you on the Calhoun C-n-S's Facebook page that would be fine also, but I would suggest you create an email account dedicated only to that so you aren't bombed w/spam from someone!  Lmk what you think about it or if you have any better suggestions for trading.  I think this could work out, I know a lot of people who have extra coupons each week that they don't use that are getting thrown away.  I know I have no use for diaper coupons or other baby coupons & I know other people would kill for those $3/1 Huggies coupons that come around!  I would like to keep the trading to straight coupons, in other words, trade coupon A for coupon Z in an equal trade, but if you would like to do CC (consealed cash payment) or Pay Pal for your coupons, it would be your choice once the other party contacts you.  I would also encourage ROAK's on this board (Random Acts of Kindness) -in other words, coupons you know you won't use in exchange for nothing.  It could get kind of complicated, so I wanted to make sure it was something that was useful before implementing it. 
  So to recap, this is the suggestion- have a trading board for locals to trade coupons by posting the trade or ROAK on the Calhoun Clip-n-Savers Facebook page.  If you have not listed an email address with the trade to be contacted by, then the interested party would contact you via facebook, you would have to "friend" them if you are not already friends to communicate with the other party & finish the trade.  It would be up to you if you would like to ask for "payment" for the work of finding the coupon (it is illegal to ask for payment of an actual coupon.) Then it would be up to you on how you could deliver the coupons to the other party, either by snail mail or personal meeting. 
  You can leave comments here to let me know if you are interested in this or not.

3 comments:

  1. I think this is great- accept I don't do Facebook. I used to, but it was time consuming (and I did not like people in my business). But yes all the way for trading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... is there no one else who wants to do this??

    ReplyDelete