Thursday, September 6, 2012

My Walgreens trip today -a lesson in how to "roll" your RR's and an explanation of "fillers":

$4.49 oop -got back $4 & $1 RR -like getting it all FREE!!

 
 This trip looks a lot like my trip from yesterday, but I wanted to show you how to "roll" your RR's with this one.  I did this in 3 different transactions and used the Hawaiian Punch drink mixes as my "filler" to be able to pay for each transaction with the RR from the previous transaction.  In my experience, I have found that I am better off getting something useful for my family as a filler item instead of just grabbing a .33 caramel or .25 pencil.  Yes, I am paying a little more for my filler item, but in the end, I'm getting more out of it because I'm actually using the product, not just sticking it in a drawer somewhere (like I used to do with the pencils).  So unless I can find a .05-.10 item to use as a filler, I like to choose more useful products.  I also wanted to let you know, you CAN use items that have a Walgreens store coupon for them (like the holiday sacks that are sometimes 10 for $1 with an in-ad coupon) as filler items and still use the in-ad or Walgreens coupon and your RR will still be able to be used.  In other words, Walgreens coupons don't count against you when you are counting your coupon to product ratio. 

Transaction #1:

(2) Cottonelle TP -$5 ea.
used (2) $0.50 off Cottonelle Toilet Paper, exp. 9/23/12 (SS 08/12/12) MQ's
+ used $1/1 Walgreens September IVC (deducted $2)
=$7

Hawaiian Punch drink mix - .75 -this is my "filler" item, I do not have a MQ for this item, so I can use my previously earned RR (which is treated like a MQ) to "attach" it to this product.

Transaction total -$7.75 used a $5 RR from yesterday's Alteril Sleep Aid purchase
=$2.75 oop
got back $2 RR

Transaction #2:

Biore Pore Strips -$5.99
Biore Cleanser -$5.99
used FREE Biore Cleanser wyb Pore Strip, exp. 9/29/12 (SS 08/12/12) MQ
=$5.99 for 2

Glade Expressions -$2.99
used $3/1 Glade Expressions printable (NLA)
=FREE

(2) Hawaiian Punch - .75 ea.
=$1.50

Transaction total =$7.49, used $4 RR from yesterday's Mitchum purchase + used $2 RR from previous transaction.
=$1.49 oop
got back $5 RR & $1 RR

Transaction #3:

(2) Mitchum deodorant -2 for $6
used (2) $0.75/1 Mitchum or Mitchum for Women Product, exp. 9/23/12 (SS 08/19/12) MQ's
=$4.50

Hawaiian Punch -.75

Transaction total =$5.25 used $5 RR from previous transaction
= .25 oop
got back $4 RR

Trip summary -total oop for all 3 transactions =$4.49
Still have $1 & $4 RR's from this trip -so it's like getting it all FREE!


Just remember, when you are rolling your RR's, you CANNOT use a RR from a product and pay for a transaction with the same product in it, or another RR will not print.  For example, if you buy 2 Cottonelle TP, and get the $2 RR, you CANNOT use that $2 RR to pay for more Cottonelle TP, or the next RR will not print.  Also remember that, at Walgreens, RR's are treated like MQ's and you can never have more MQ's than you have products in a transaction, so you must use a "filler" item (some small item that is cheap or something that you need and will be buying anyway) that you do not have a MQ for, to "attach" the RR to in order to use it to pay with.  I know this can be confusing for people who don't have a lot of practice rolling RR's, so if you have any questions or if something doesn't make sense, please leave a comment below and I will be happy to explain it or answer your questions.  Please feel free to copy and paste any of my scenarios/shopping trips that I post on this blog into a word program and print them out to use as a guide for your own shopping trips.  And remember, practice makes perfect!







No comments:

Post a Comment