Friday, October 19, 2012

I am closing the Blog.....


  Hi everyone, I just wanted to let you all know that I am going to be closing the blog!  I love doing it, but unfortunately, it takes sooo much time to put all of this information together, that I don't have much time for anything else.  I had to weigh the fact that I was putting in close to 50-60 hours per week in looking for deals, shopping, gathering information and then actually blogging about it...against the fact that I'm not getting anything out of this in return.  I do so much work for nothing, and as fun as the work is to me, it's not very rewarding when you have nothing to show for it in the end!  I won't leave you entirely though, I will do a few updates (maybe 2 per month) and post them on Facebook, so if you want to keep informed, "like" Calhoun Clip-n-Savers on FB to get the updates.  This will mostly be local deals from our surrounding area.  I will also update Black Friday deals as they become available, because I know how important that is for everyone!  I will also leave you with a links list at the bottom of this post to link you to all of the sites that I used to gather information for this blog.  There are tons of sites out there that deal with couponing and saving money, so I know y'all won't be in the dark!  You will also still be able to use the tabs at the top of this blog to get information, like the "Clipping Sites" tab and the "Database" tab.  Feel free to use any of these tools to help you in any way.
  I have been contemplating teaching some more couponing classes.  They would be small groups at a time, because I want everyone to feel comfortable enough to ask questions and be able to stop me if they don't understand something.  I will let you know more on that as the time and dates become clearer.  For now, I will be taking a break, so there will be no updates for a few weeks (or more) unless there is something very important that I feel I would need to share (like a change in a couponing policy or something).
  All of the information that is contained in this blog has always been just my opinion and nothing more.  The facts that I have listed in the posts are always sited at the bottom of the post if they are not my own known facts.  You are welcome to use any of this published information in any way you choose, but I do ask that if you use the information in a public situation (teaching, blogging or on FB, Twitter, etc.) please give me credit by siting my post as your means of information.
  I hope everyone can understand my reasons for closing this blog down.  I will be happy to help anyone who needs anything, you can email me at calhounclip_n_savers(at)yahoo(dot)com, any time and I will be happy to answer your questions.  You can also personal message me on FB and I will get back to you there.  Thank you to all of you who supported me in this endeavor by visiting the blog, commenting on my posts or on my FB page, it means a lot to me, thanks for everything!  

Sites I use and like:

We Use Coupons
Hip 2 Save
I Heart CVS
I Heart Wags
Wild for Wags
Wild for CVS
My Litter
For The Mommas
Raining Hot Coupons
Cuckoo For Coupon Deals
The Krazy Coupon Lady
Saving Well, Spending Less
Southern Savers
A Full Cup
Saving With Shellie
Target (don't forget the Target printable store coupons!)
Recyclebank
Saving Star
The Card Store (they are always offering FREE cards!)
Claires (I love their 10 for $10 sale!)
DiscountMags.com
e.l.f. Cosmetics (makeup for just $1!)
Walgreens
CVS
Dollar General
HEB
Dollar Tree
Totsy
Crocs.com
Office Depot
Coupons.com (other printable coupon sites are listed under the "Printable Coupons" tab at the top)


2 comments:

  1. Sorry you are "leaving". Thank you for all the work you have done, I've enjoyed checking in with your blog when planning my weekly deals. I understand how time consuming it must be. After 3 years of couponing I am getting burned out on how much time and effort it takes to constantly plan and shop. With Walgreens changing the program I think I'll just stick with CVS, and I've certainly slowed down with that as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, Jen and thanks for being so sweet and helpful with your FB group. I agree with you completely about Walgreens new points program, I will stick more with CVS as well...it all just gets to be too much! Best of luck with everything, but don't give up on couponing entirely, we all know how much it saves us in the end!!

      Delete