Friday, March 23, 2012

A Tour of the Blog:

Clip-n-Savers

I just wanted to give everyone a little tour of this blog, some of you might not be aware of some of the features:

When you start at the top, under the heading, there are the page tabs. 

Page #1 -is the HOME page, you can use it at anytime from any other page to get back to this main posting page you are on right now.

Page #2 -is the ABREVIATIONS & TERMS page, here you will find most of the abreviations I use on the blog.  It can get confusing if you don't know what oop or RR or 3/25 RP means!  So, if you've been in the dark about what I'm posting, go here to learn the terminology.

Page #3 -is the COUPON POLICIES page.  On this page you will find all of our local stores' coupon policies.  I recomend that you print out each one of these & take with you when you shop.  Most of the employees have no clue what the policy is, so in that case, you can show them your copy!

Page #4 -is the CLIPPING SITES page.  Are you looking to buy better coupons than what we got in our Sunday paper, or are you looking for multiples of a really HOT coupon, but don't want to spend a fortune buying whole papers off the rack?  Go here to find a list of coupon clipping sites where you can buy whole inserts, clipped coupons or bulk clipped coupons!

Page #5 -is the FAQ's page.  Click on this page to see a list of FAQ's for all of our local stores, I am always adding to this page, so you might want to check it out often.  You may find out something you never knew before!  If you have a question about something that you don't see an answer to there, feel free to leave a comment with your question & I will answer it, or leave your question in the "discussion" area.

Page #6 -is the DISCUSSION area.  This is a place where you can post about anything coupon related, like deals you have seen/done, clearance you have spotted, upcomming sales you know about, etc.  You can also post about anything you might be selling.  We like to shop local, so if you sell Mary Kay, Avon, Scentsy, Tupperware, Home Interiors, anything.  Or if you own a local business, feel free to post an advertisement so we know where you are or what you are selling (unfortunatly, it's text only).  If you have individual items to sell, you can post those as well.

Under the page tabs, just to the right of the post-body, is a SEARCH THIS BLOG box.  This is new, I just added it.  You can type whatever you are looking for in the box & it will pull up all the posts that I have done on that subject! 

Under the new search box feature is my "follow me on Facebook" link.  Please click this link & "like" me on Facebook!  Now we can get "social"!

Just under that link is the "FOLLOWERS" button, click on JOIN THIS SITE to join me on this blog!

To the right of those links are all of the advertisers I am affiliated with.  When you click those ads, you support this site!  Some of the ad links will offer discounts that are only available by clicking the link. 

*In the MAIN POST-BODY you will find the posts that will tell you all the good deals I have found for you!  In each post there will be the information for the deal I am letting you know about & all the links to get to the deal or a picture of the deal that was done.  If any links are broken or no longer available, please let us know by leaving a comment, so I can update the post! 
*At the bottom of every post it will tell you the time that it was posted, if you hover over the time, a little box will show up to tell you the date it was posted, other than this, I can't figure out how to get the posts dated!
*Next to that, are the # of comments that have been left for the post, there are hardly ever any comments left, which I would like to change!  I would love it if more people left comments, so that the site will be more interactive!  Just click on "comments" to leave one, you can leave it under anonymous if you don't feel comfortable leaving your name.   
*Right next to that is a little envelope icon, if you click on that, you can email that post to a friend!  So if you see a post that you think someone else will be interested in, you can click the envelope to send it to them!   
*If you click on "comments" or on the title of a post it will take you to a seperate page.  Under the comment box there is a link for "subscribe by email" if you click this, you will be emailed anytime someone else posts a comment on that particular post.  That way, if someone responds to your comment or reply, you will be able to keep up with what they are saying!

If you scroll ALL THE WAY DOWN the page it will give you an archive of the posts that I have done by month, I don't know why it does it this way, & I have no idea how to change it, but if you are looking for a particular post you can find the title & click on it or go back by month to find it.  (Or just use the new search box)!

If you have any questions, or see something that I didn't address, just let me know by leaving a comment!

Thank you to all of you who read this blog, leave comments and/or pass this information on to others.  It's more fun & profitable when we work together!







2 comments:

  1. SOOOOOOO exciting! I so happy you added the search box.. I can't even tell you how many times I have been on here searching and searching for something I know I saw.
    And the 'subscribe by email'- that will save a lot of time.
    Also, the FAQ's: I have no idea what it was as I never looked, now I will be sure to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!! Thanks so much, Amber, for always commenting, it makes me feel better to know someone actually reads what I put out there!!! -LOL

    ReplyDelete